Princess Charlene rushed to Ballito hospital after medical emergency

Princess Charlene rushed to Ballito hospital after medical emergency

The Princess was admitted under an alias late on Wednesday night.

Princess Charlene rushed to Ballito hospital after medical emergency

According to News24, Princess Charlene of Monaco, 43, was taken to Netcare Alberlito Hospital in Ballito on Wednesday, the 1st of September.

READ: WATCH: Cassper Nyovest teases biggest announcement of his career

She had suffered a medical emergency while staying at a lodge north of Durban.

News24 also reports that the necessary security measures were taken during her hospitalisation and that she was discharged on Thursday. 

READ: KZN listener allegedly threatened and forced by her employer to get vaccinated

The Princess has had to extend her initial two-week stay in South Africa for a few months after struggling with her health.

The former Olympic swimmer traveled to SA to raise awareness around rhino poaching and was working with a wildlife conservation effort when she fell ill.

READ: MUST SEE: Durban couple share snow-covered winter wonderland wedding pictures!

She had also attended the funeral service of Zulu King Goodwill Zwelithini kwaBhekuzulu in Nongoma, KwaZulu-Natal in March of this year when the Royal Palace of Monaco released a statement two months later.

Princess Charlene had reportedly contracted a severe ear, nose, and throat infection and was grounded in SA.

READ: "My in-laws haven’t shown me respect in 20 years and my husband won't defend me"

She has been staying at a lodge in KZN while recovering from her illness and has missed out on various special occasions, which included her and her husband, Prince Albert of Monaco's, 10th wedding anniversary:

READ: SEE: Somizi returns to social media by posing with R15,000 gifted rose bouquet

While there had been news that she was making great progress in her recovery, it was revealed that she had undergone "multiple, complicated procedures after contracting a severe ear, nose and throat infection in May".

In an interview, she had also explained why she could not return home just yet although she was feeling better. Shortly after this, Princess Charlene underwent another four-hour long medical procedure under general anesthesia and Prince Albert II confirmed that the operation had gone well.

READ: J.Lo proves she now has a lot with major fashion faux pas at show

Luckily, since then, Charlene has been reunited with her husband and twins!

Although the pictures that she had posted on Instagram caused a lot of speculation to start circling around her health and the stability of her marriage, a spokesperson has confirmed that any rumours surrounding Charlene's return to Monaco is completely false and they are patiently waiting for her to heal.

READ: Posted up: "My boyfriend of a year is hiding me from his friends and family"

The kids and prince have since returned to Monaco.

More on East Coast Radio

Stacey and J Sbu podcasts
East Coast Radio

Main image courtesy of @Channel24/Twitter

Show's Stories