A dog accidentally sets house on fire

A dog accidentally sets house on fire

Call the Paw Patrol...

A dog stands up on a stove
A dog stands up on a stove/Instagram Screenshot/@bbcnews

As our kids grow, we prepare our homes for their safety. We baby-proof our homes and ensure our kids avoid hazardous things such as stoves or electrical outlets. 

But do we do the same for our pets?

A dog accidentally set a house on fire by switching on the stove. A video shows how the incident started when the dog leaned on the stove and switched it on. 

The items left on the stove caught alight and the fire spread. 

Luckily, the owner could put the fire out, which was not as bad as it could've been. 

Watch the video from Instagram

"The homeowner - who put out the fire - was treated for smoke inhalation, and no other injuries to people or pets were reported." (Instagram)

It makes us wonder if pet-proofing should become a thing..

Check out the video of a fire that spread through several factories in Durban earlier this week. Video courtesy of X

Carol podcasts
East Coast Radio

Follow us on social media: 


  1. Listen to East Coast Radio on the FM (frequency modulation) spectrum between 94 and 95 FM on your radio.
  2. Listen live to ECR by clicking here or download the ECR App (iOS/Android).
  3. Listen to East Coast Radio on the DStv audio bouquet, channel 836. 
  4. Switch to the audio bouquet on your Openview decoder and browse to channel 606
  5. Listen to us on Amazon Alexa

Image Courtesy of Instagram

Check out more from East Coast Radio

Show's Stories