Soweto boy dies from suspected food poisoning

Soweto boy dies from suspected food poisoning

A Soweto family's mourning the death of their little boy due to a suspected case of food poisoning.

Two more kids die of ‘food poisoning’ in Gauteng

The Grade 3 pupil and a friend suffered stomach cramps after consuming a pack of biscuits they bought from a local spaza shop in Tshepisong on Friday. 


Gauteng Education's Steve Mabona says the children were taken to a clinic after they complained that they weren't feeling well in class.

"Unfortunately after a few minutes of receiving medical attention, one learner was certified dead. The surviving learner was then rushed to Lerato Hospital for further medical treatment and we can confirm that he is in a stable condition."

Two other incidents of suspected food poisoning were reported in Tshwane recently.

Earlier this month, two Soweto pupils died, apparently after eating biscuits they purchased from a local shop.

READ:Woman dies of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Durban


More than 40 schoolchildren in Pretoria fell ill when they consumed snacks from vendors.

newswatch new banner 2


Show's Stories