Ladysmith flood death toll continues to climb
Updated | By Newswatch
Search and rescue officials have recovered the bodies of two more people in connection with a flash flood that swept through Ladysmith on Christmas Eve.

It brings the death toll in the case to 15, with rescuers continuing their search for missing people on Friday.
The Al-Imaad Foundation has been assisting personnel on the ground.
Spokesperson, Irfaan Ahmed says the wet weather conditions have hampered the massive search mission which involves around 60 members of the country's K9 unit.
ALSO READ: Ladysmith flood death toll rises
He says it was heartbreaking when they recovered the bodies of a father and son.
"I have been a resident of Ladysmith as well. We had previously floods hit Ladysmith about two years back, but it was not to such devastation where we lost many lives and it took us many days to locate those bodies and it is the worst to hit Ladysmith thus far."
MORE ON ECR

Show's Stories
-
PRESS PLAY: Your favourite Breakfast moments this week - 25 to 29 August
From Labubu drama to Gala glam fails, here’s your East Coast Breakfast w...
East Coast Breakfast 1 day, 20 hours ago -
Another major bank partners with Home Affairs for Smart ID and passport services
Home Affairs partners with major banks to bring Smart ID and passport se...
Stacey & J Sbu 2 days, 5 hours ago