The South African Weather Service has released tips for ensuring that you stay safe when shooting a video
during a thunderstorm.
The South African Weather Service has released tips for ensuring that you stay safe when shooting a video during a thunderstorm.
Thunderstorms are dangerous natural occurrences. Lighting during a thunderstorm can kill. That is the reality and many people have experienced the power of Mother Nature in this way.
Last week, at least 19 people in KwaZulu-Natal died due to a serious thunderstorm in the province.
Lightning is not your only issue when it comes to thunderstorms, as strong winds, hail, tornadoes, and heavy rains which may lead to flooding are all associated with this natural occurrence.
Regardless of how dangerous a thunderstorm can be, some people might still be tempted to try and capture the moment and share with the rest of the world.
Before taking out your phone to shoot any thunderstorm, ensure that you are safe.
Here are safety tips released by the South African Weather Service:
- The first tip is that you must not take a video or photo should you find yourself in a dangerous position. You should make sure you and the people around you are safe.
- The second tip is that before taking the video, switch on your location.
- While taking the video, state the following: location, date, and time.
- After the severe thunderstorm has passed, take notes on the following: duration, estimated size, hail, and potential tornado.
- Lastly, when thunder roars, go indoors.
This week there was a lot of hoaxes that went around, so we thought we would provide some tips for taking a severe thunderstorm video.— SA Weather Service (@SAWeatherServic) November 17, 2019
*Please don't take a video or photo should you find yourself in a dangerous position!#WeatherSMART @ReenvalSA @N3Route @_ArriveAlive pic.twitter.com/OAFKIKBiN3
Rumors are swirling that there’s a baby on the way for a certain celebri...Stacey Norman on East Coast Radio 41 minutes ago
People usually take apologies very seriously, especially if they have be...Stacey Norman on East Coast Radio 44 minutes ago