Burgundy is a colour you should all be wearing as we move from summer into autumn/winter. In redder shades it’s oxblood; and in brighter purple tinges it’s an oh-so-sultry merlot.
Now I don’t suggest you go out and buy an entire burgundy selection to fill your closet. What you will want to do is update your closet with one or two pieces in this colour so that you stay on trend without breaking the bank.
I have added a few burgundy pieces to my closet, opting for a burgundy piece of clothing and an accessory.
As pictured below, my burgundy bag goes well with a pair of jeans and an animal print peplum. This is a cool casual way to be trendy, without being in your face!
I opted for golden tones when it came to creating a fun look with my burgundy sweater (below). All that gold won’t work for everyone, but if you think you can pull it off, why not try.
Here are a few tips for you to incorporate the burgundy trend into your closet:
1. Camel & Burgundy is a colour combo you have to test drive. It can be classic in a burgundy blazer and camel pants. Or bohemian is a chunky knit and boots.
2. Go monochrome in an all over burgundy look. Yes, I mean head to toe burgundy. This is a look for the fun, daring fashionista. Try it!
3. Try the colour in a classic denim silhouette like the skinny jean. You will be wearing it all season long.
4. A few burgundy accessories like earrings or a statement neckpiece is the easiest way to try the trend. And probably the cheapest.
5. Try the colour in a print. This is perfect for the shy fashionista – burgundy can be a bold statement. This way you can wear the trend without being in-you-face-look-at-me!
I hope you are eager to go out and try this trend.
- Brett Robson
Michael Lee Aday, know as Meat Loaf, has passed away aged 74.Carol Ofori 2 hours ago
These swells are absolutely mesmerizing!Vic Naidoo 3 hours ago