Hinted Igesund successor foreign
Updated | By ECR Newswatch

Speaking to the Sunday Times this weekend, Jordaan said that Safa would "engage" with the new coach, before making the much-anticipated announcement at their headquarters in Nasrec, Soweto next Saturday, where the coach would be asked to be present.
"After finalising everything, we then ask him to come to South Africa, so that he is present when we make the announcement on Saturday," Jordaan was quoted as saying.
Earlier this week, current South Africa under-20 and under-23 mentor Shakes Mashaba said he was available for the vacant Bafana post, adding a new twist to the on-going search for a new coach.
Should Mashaba be unveiled on Saturday, he would become the second consecutive South African coach to be handed the reins, after Gordon Igesund.
But Jordaan's latest comments could quash any chance of a local coach taking over from Igesund, whose contract comes to an end at the end of August and will not be renewed.
Mozambique-born, Portuguese coach, Carlos Queiroz joins Nigerian Stephen Keshi as the joint-favourites for the position, while Dutchman Frank Rjikaard remains an outside potential.
(File photo:Gallo Images)
Show's Stories
-
Here's how microplastics affect your looks
Did you know that microplastics are affecting your health and appearance...
Stacey & J Sbu 6 hours ago -
Darren Maule visits the KZN Integrated Youth Camp
From promise to purpose! Darren Maule visited a youth leadership camp in...
East Coast Breakfast 8 hours ago