Your child’s first day of school can make everyone a little anxious, so
we have put together a list of things you can do to prepare your child for his
or her new adventure.
Your child’s first day of school can make everyone a little anxious, so we have put together a list of things you can do to prepare your child for his or her new adventure.
The fear of whether your child will cope at school or not can make any parent worry.
Depending on your child’s character, some kids are thrilled to finally go to school, while others may need a little persuasion.
But no matter the kind of child you have, as a parent, it is better to prepare them for their first day of school than leave them to discover it all on their own.
Here are some tips to help you and your child prepare for the big day:
• Introduce your child to common school activities, such as drawing pictures before school starts. Encourage them to find pleasure in learning new things.
• Find out how the school structures its daily schedule and let your child know what they can expect. This will give him or her peace of mind and make them better prepared.
• Accompany your child to school on their first day and even take your child to see his new classroom and meet their new teacher before school officially starts. This will put them at ease.
• Talk to your child about the positives of starting school, like making new friends and learning new things.
• Let them know how to deal with bullies or who to turn to if they experience a problem.
• Leave them a lunch-box love note to let them know you love them and are proud of them.
The COVID-19 pandemic has rendered many people unemployed and some homel...Darren, Keri and Sky 59 minutes ago
#5Things: US inauguration, loadshedding woes could get worse, Pfizer's attempts to reach SA Health officials, and more
It does not matter the day of the week, the Breakfast team always has lo...Darren, Keri and Sky 2 hours ago