Man blows up his own house... trying to kill a fly

Man blows up his own house... trying to kill a fly

Bit extreme but that's one way of doing it.


You've probably had a few flies bother you while you were trying to eat?

READ: WATCH: Skater shows off her incredible talents

During South African summers, they are almost expected to be a part of the dining experience.

Well, one French man was exceptionally irritated with a fly that had been interrupting his dinner.

He decided to go after it with an electric fly swatter, or a 'bug zapper' that resembles a tennis racquet.

READ: Would you rather live in the Fresh Prince mansion or Nkandla?

These inventions are generally quite safe, but what he did not expect was to accidentally hit a gas pocket.

The gas had been leaking from a canister inside the home and with the contact of the 'zapper' and the gas, there was an explosion.

The explosion caused his entire kitchen to be destroyed and a part of the roof collapsed.

READ: Nando's shares chicken-related dad joke

Luckily, no-one was injured and the man only had a minor burn wound on his hand and has been to the hospital to receive treatment.

Strangely enough, this is not the only time an unusual attempt at killing an insect has gone wrong.

One Brazilian man tried to get rid of cockroaches in his garden, and poured petrol into a hole he assumed was the nest. He followed this by throwing in burning matches which of course led to quite the explosion.

Just a suggestion, but maybe you should try calling pest control next time?

Main image courtesy of Pexels

Show's Stories