Everything you need to know ahead of the
Everything you need to know ahead of the grand finale.
After 5 weeks of competitive spelling, we have six finalists who are ready to battle it out in the grand finale of Last Kid Standing - Spelling Bee Edition.
We have received over 500 entries from across KZN, but these kids stood out amongst the rest. Here are your finalists:
The grand finale is an online and on-air event like no other. Here’s what you can expect on 18 May:
- The Spelling Bee will take place during the full 3 hours of the show hosted by Darren, Keri and Sky
- All kids will be asked to spell that Clifton School has supplied according to the grade 4 syllabus
- A 10 second and 5-second timer will be introduced during rounds
- During the determining rounds, we will no longer make use of the words supplied by Clifton but rather a selection of words that Darren, Keri and Sky have put together
- The selection of words supplied by Darren, Keri and Sky will be stored in a glass bowl where the kids playing, and viewers will have a full line of sight that the words selected are done at random
- Darren, Keri and Sky’s selection of words are themed around common grade 4 words, KZN terms and landmarks.
- The judges' decision will be final
- All 6 participants will walk away with a selection of prizes, a medal and an ECR personalized hamper
- The finale can be accessed via East Coast Radio’s Facebook Live stream or on-air
- Standard T’s and C’s Apply
With R100 000 worth of prizes up for grabs, this is one main event you do not want to miss!
Tune in on-air, online via ecr.co.za, Facebook live stream, on the ECR App or on DStv 836, and show your love and support for your favourite finalist by joining the conversation on social media using #KZNsLastKidStanding.
For more of the best Last Kid Standing moments, listen here:
"That is just wrong" - Darren MauleDarren, Keri and Sky 18 minutes ago
We literally always have them in our hands in reality, so why not in oth...Darren, Keri and Sky an hour ago