Terence Pillay believes the next 'Bachelor SA' should come from KZN and
he’s on a mission to try and make that happen.
Terence Pillay believes the next 'Bachelor SA' should come from KZN and he’s on a mission to try and make that happen.
Listen to the audio and read the details below:
Season Two of 'The Bachelor South Africa' has just been announced by MNet. Following the show’s popularity earlier this year, the channel decided to bring the show back.
Jason Greer will be back as the host of the second season of the show that will once again be produced by Rapid Blue as a local version of the dating show format of Warner Bros. International Television Production.
'The Bachelor' franchise has a fantastic track record: 23 seasons of the show have been produced in the US and the format has been licensed to more than 30 countries. It follows the love journey of one lucky man who relies on Cupid to aim his arrows in the right direction. Through the series, he gradually narrows down his options to the perfect match – who is typically the recipient of a romantic marriage proposal in the dramatic finale. Sometimes the couple later gets cold feet, but globally the format has seen many fairy-tale weddings and subsequent baby bumps.
Now here’s the exciting news - MNet hasn't yet chosen the 'Bachelor' for the second season, and are still considering options, although the identity of the man will be revealed to the public and the women before filming starts in October.
Single women who are interested can now enter until 20 August 2019 at midnight when entries close. Entries must be done online.
Lani Lombard, the Head of MNet Publicity said: "The show did exceptionally well for M-Net. Our viewers were swooning over all the drama and were swept off their feet as our dapper bachelor whisked off the ladies on adventurous dates and to exotic locations. We can't wait to meet the bevvy of beauties, whom our audiences will be rooting for, to receive the final rose."
Women who want to enter must be over 21 and single – either never married or divorced – and meet the show's requirements and must be available for filming between 5 October and 5 December 2019.
To be part of the show, ladies have to be over 21 and single – either never married or divorced – and meet the requirements stipulated in the Terms and Conditions (published on mnet.tv). You need to fill out the short entry form on the M-Net website, where you will also be asked to submit two photographs of yourself.
Click here for the entry form.
So here’s what I’ve decided. Apart from getting as many KZN single ladies to enter, how about we put out our feelers to find the next bachelor? And here’s how I see it working - if you think that could be the next 'Bachelor SA', thne email your CV, a current photograph and a short description of who you are to [email protected] . I will then put together a panel of women to go through the entries and shortlist the ones they think would make a good 'Bachelor SA'.
The trick is, you only have two days or you miss the opportunity. Your entries must be in by lunchtime on Friday after which our esteemed panel will make the pick.
The alternative for the shy bachelors out there is that a friend or family member can submit the entry on their behalf. The idea is to get as many entries in by Friday lunchtime as possible and make sure that the 'Bachelor SA' Season 2 is from KZN.
You can email Terence Pillay at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter: @terencepillay1 and engage with him there.
If you missed any of The Good, The Bad and Ugly episodes, catch up on them below:
A moving video has been going around of a grandmother in Lebanon calmly ...Stacey & JSbu 11 hours ago
It is said to be the most anticipated day for most people - insert the c...Stacey & JSbu 11 hours ago